Sunday, January 25, 2009

Not Much

It's funny, I feel busy 90% of the time, yet, when it comes to writing about anything in my life I draw a complete blank. I feel like "nothing" is going on and "nothing" has changed, but I guess that's just because I'm living it every day. I'm slowly untangling my dreads and my hair is soo long. I've lost all of my croche needles (I use them to pick my hair apart), so it's going to be a challenge to pull the rest out unless I take a trip to the Hobby Lobby. I hate that store.... it's like "Meijer: the Craft Store." You need a single pad of paper? Walk back to aisle 37, tell the hunting troll the password "needle-nose pliers" and he'll take you to the basement, dominate the labarynth, the 16th door on the left of the mouse with no teeth is paper, but the trip back will be tricky-- you need an old-lady disguise and four pairs of shoes under the size of a 6 men's. Do 13 jumping-jax, stand on your head, and run back through the labarynth. Once you've popped the 40 bubbles of shame, you may purchase your pad of paper at register 6 behind Betty, the silver fox who makes a weekly trip to buy 32 different boquets of fake flowers, while registers 1-5/7-23 will be closed 23 of the 24 hours the store is open. Ugh. But of course, I exaggerate and no store experience is NEARLY that easy. It only took us twenty minutes to buy milk, cheese, popcorn, and soup from Meijer: The Eternal Crusade last night, not counting the trek across the vast, windy parking lot. Oh well.

I miss having a dishwasher. I don't miss having to pay for water, but I definitely miss being able to load it up, put in the soap, turn the knob and let it whirl. These days, since we both work such weird sporatic hours, the dishes just tend to overflow out of the sink onto the counter and sometimes the stove. Call us lazy, but when we get home from our crappy jobs the last thing we want to do is an ass-load of dishes. I'm very glad we don't have kids, car payments, a mortgage... because I think we would be TERRIBLE at keeping up with all of it at this time in our lives. I take that back-- we wouldn't be terrible at it, we would just be stressed-out and pissed-off all the time, and that's not something I want to deal with. I had enough of that in high school and college.

I'm working at the radio station this morning and I'm trying to pass the time. What else can I talk about? I can't think of anything........ maybe more later.

peace and empty

No comments: