Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Golden Compass

I want to see this movie just to understand what all the hub-bub is. The Golden Compass is intended for children but I don't care, dammit! I want to see what reviewers are calling "anti-God." A small synopsis of the movie is here.

Apparently, the dude who wrote the books that the movie was based on is openly agnostic and athiest, and all the Christians are freaking out because he's "promoting atheism and turning children against God." Some critics say he aimed it towards children on purpose so they would go see the movie with their parents and request the books for Christmas. If this is true, he's not a very good athiest.

When you're an athiest, you don't promote atheism. If you are a TRUE athiest, you won't care what others believe especially considering some kind of religion has been the base of [probably] every civilization since the beginning of pragmatic man. You can't really change people now. The only thing I do like about this is that it offers an open-minded theory. It could get children thinking, which is something they should do-- always. Parents should not shield their children from, well, anything. Hasn't anyone heard the case of the preacher's daughter? Shelter her until she's 18 and then when she's out of the house she goes crazy-nuts trying to make up for every dumb thing she was kept from doing as a kid? Yea.

Yesterday I produced our morning show and our morning show host put his opinion over the radio waves. He said "My kids said they wanted to go see this movie and I said 'no' because of the content" and blah blah blah. I was sitting there kind-of fuming, mostly because minutes later I received a call from a dude who said "Tell [host's name] I'm glad he gave his opinion of the movie" and blah blah blah. A lady in New York said "The Christians have been prosecuted more than any other group or religion..." I about fainted. Who in the right mind actually believes the Christians have been oppressed MORE-SO than their religious counterparts?! What about the Jews? Muslims? BLACK PEOPLE! WOMEN! EVERYBODY has been more oppressed than the Christians and this woman has the nerve... I HAVE BEEN MORE OPPRESSED THAN THE CHRISTIANS! Of course, I'm kidding. Just being lavish.

I'm just sick of the closed-minded beaurocrats who complain that they aren't getting the treatment they "deserve." I think they're getting more than what they deserve. They have run this country into the ground and they say they haven't gotten anything from it?! Fuck.

Peace and Desire

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right... i think... But truly, where is the anti-God move OMG.. this people fight against everything, I'm not athiest I was raiced in a "catholic family", but we don't go to the church everydays like many (hypocrite?) person do, or even the sundays. Note: Also I'm not catholic because as "catholic law" :S say if I'm in conflict with the vatican inmediatly I'm not chatolic , haha.

Honestly I'll never think this movie is anti-god.. God is a movie to start. And a bad movie i got bored at 40 min.

Also I'm sick of the closed-minded beaurocrats who complain that they aren't getting the treatment they deserve.

Saludos