Sunday, January 6, 2008

Welcome, Ms. New Year

It's that time to be thinking about what comes with the new year: Resolutions to be broken, new beginnings, and my favorite-- tax season! But I'm not about to go on about how corrupt the taxing system is, for I have better things to rant about. I've been thinking about what I would like to accomplish for myself this year and either I'm boring or I have low standards, but I can't really think of anything!

One thing I REALLY look forward to is graduating from college. This is the year I can claim my Bachelors and lose my health insurance. I'm going to get a full-time job and rake in the dough! This is the year of the rest of my life! Or is it?

I have so many aspirations, yet, I'm not completely sure how I'm going to follow through with them. I could just do what I always do: dive in and hope things work out. Here's my laundry list:

-buy a building for business/residential use
-build my studio
-get new computer to support advanced audio editing software
-get a raise... or perhaps a new job altogether...
-save money!!

Here's the catch.. I don't know where I want to set all this up. Do I want to stay here in Ohio with my family and friends... where I know every street like the back of my hand? Where I've been to school from beginning to end... where I started my life and experienced all four seasons every year up-to-date? Or should I start fresh, somewhere I have no opinion of.. somewhere I can realize my potential by wiping the slate clean? New York? LA? Chicago? Oh man I would love to go to Chicago... I need to update my resume.

Of course, I'm assuming that I won't screw up my scheduling and will be out of school by June, and we know what happens when you assume... All I need is Lady Luck and a bucket full of ambition, and June will be here before I know it.

Peace and Pie

No comments: