Thursday, June 19, 2008

Confessions of a College Graduate

As expected, I was bombarded with a myriad of questions asking about my future. And here I am to answer all of them!

No, I don't know what I'm doing now that I'm out of school.

No, I don't know where I want to be in five years-- either still in radio, or running my own game store/cafe.

Yes, I will keep working at my current job, and I have yet to explore my options as far as radio stations go.

No, they can't offer me full-time here because it is not in their budget (so they say..) and Yes, that means I will have to pick up more hours and probably move on in November if they still haven't offered it to me.

I don't know what else I want to do, and I don't have any plans for this summer.

I have considered the option of moving out of state-- but I'm not sure which state. California maybe.. Arizona.. NC.. Kentucky.. Illinois..


As far as long-term goals, I DO know what I want to do by the end of my lifetime (and by no means in this order):

-Run my own radio station
-Build my own house, all with recycled/sustainable materials powered with wind/solar/water energy.
-Buy a building and run my own game store/hooka cafe
-Buy a motorcycle (or scooter) for local travel
-Grow/raise as much of my own food as possible
-Build a recording studio in my basement (after I build my house)
-Build a solar-powered vehicle

All I want to do right now is be lazy and sleep all day. I have no goals in mind, and I'm OKAY with that. I've spent the last eighteen years in a social institution and I think I owe it to myself to relax and rid my mind/body of all anxiety. I may start meditating, and I definitely want to sell a bunch of my crap. I need to do a garage sale... and clean out my car. I have too much junk, and I think it's time to do some personal cleansing. I want to start working out again and see if it's actually possible to get this adult body into a size 9. I'll probably be cutting the dreadlocks off soon, because it is hot outside and they drive me nuts. A trip out to Hollywood to visit Sammy should happen this summer, and possibly on the way I should visit Adam in Chicago.

It is a time of personal exploration, and I plan to have as much fun as I possibly can. I want to go to the Hoffbrauhaus down in Newport tonight.. hopefully we can get a crew together.. that would be fun.

food and on to the other studio for another 4 hours of mundane newstalk nonsense.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Hi Holly,
this is Amanda's mom. Next time you are at your dad's stop by. I bought someting for you and need to get it to you. It is recycled so that should make you happy. I think you will like it, I do. should I describe it to you? It involves colored pencils and paper. that is all I am saying.
trish

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,
I linked here after looking at Hagan's baby pictures...
Congrats on graduating!
I was just thinking about you the other day. We moved to your street in 1990 and I remember 2 little boys and 1 precious little girl hiding in the bushes hoping to tour my house. How is it that you are all growed up?
Your plans sound fun and realistic. Make sure you enjoy every day! Loveya! MaryP
PS. I didn't take the time to get a user name but if you can't figure out who I am ask Trish!

Just Cook It said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such kind comments. There is a real buzz surrounding this election, especially amongst the more 'liberal' commentators. There is a genuine hope and belief in change which, in my opinion, can only come with a Democrat President. The fact that Obama is black is irrevelvent for most Europeans - the fact that he represents a change from this administration that the British public have been against for the last six or seven years is what matters.

Congrats on graduating - it is a very exciting time. Keep doing what you're doing and good luck for the future.

Alex

Just Cook It said...

Oh, and I've been spending quite a bit of time here:

www.richarddawkins.net

I think you might like it ;)